8. PRACTICE DIAPHRAGMATIC BREATHING.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, your emotions and hormones are closely connected to each other in the following way:
- Fear affects your cortisol levels and can cause problems with your reproductive organs, kidneys, and adrenal glands.
- Frustration, impatience, and unforgiveness are linked to an estrogen imbalance and can cause disease in your liver.
- Worry and anxiety are related to your insulin levels and can lead to diabetes.
If you are feeling stressed, angry, or overwhelmed, try to practice deep belly breathing for at least 15-20 minutes, twice a day. This will help you decrease stress hormones and improve your overall sense of well-being.
7. GO ORGANIC.
Most of the pesticides, fertilizers, and growth hormones used in the foods you usually eat can wreck your endocrine system. For example, pesticides usually contain xenoestrogens, these are synthetic hormones that confuse your internal organs because they imitate the natural female hormone estrogen.
So the easiest way to restore your hormonal balance is to change your dietary habits. To do this, always check food labels and avoid purchasing pre-packaged foods. It’s also better to find some good online sellers and buy organic foods from them.
You should also avoid eating GMO foods as they are usually sprayed with glyphosate. This herbicide can cause hormonal issues and lead to depression, infertility, birth defects, and even cancer.
6. Try seed cycling.
Seed cycling can help your body balance progesterone and estrogen during your menstrual cycle.
- The follicular phase (1-14 days): consume 1 tbsp of raw freshly ground flax seeds and 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds (or chia/hemp seeds) and take 1500-2000 mg of fish oil every day.
- The luteal phase (15-28 days): eat 1 tbsp of raw freshly ground sunflower seeds and 1 tbsp of sesame seeds and take 1500-2000 mg of evening primrose oil daily.
If you keep seed cycling over a period of about 3 months, you should feel that the severity of your PMS symptoms has been reduced, that your mood has improved, and that you have less water retention and menstrual cramps